Saturday, September 17, 2016

Polish 'M Fall collection - Pt. 3

Moody & Mysterious

This portion of the Polish 'M collection contains my absolute favorite -- dark polishes!  I think dark, moody, vampy polishes can be worn year-round, and that's exactly what I plan to do with these!  We have two dark browns, one that looks almost black, and a deep wine/cranberry color that glows from within. Onward!

Color Me Autumn
A deep plum jelly base filled with lots of gold micro shreds, purple iridescent micro glitter, light blue and orange metallic micro glitter and gold galaxy holo.  My photos show 2 careful coats.  I went pretty slow on this one because jelly polishes and I aren't the best of friends.  I didn't have to stress too much, though, because it went on really easily and glitter distribution was good.  It just begs to be matted.  Which way do you prefer?

Color Me Autumn with glossy top coat



Color Me Autumn with matte top coat

 
Lone Scarecrow
A blackened brown base with iridescent and holo micro flakes, galaxy holo, silver micro shreds, magenta micro glitter and a little Spectraflair.  My photos show 2 EASY coats.  Wow, just wow.  This polish looks black in most lighting, and will appear a very deep brown in others.  It looks fantastic either glossy or matte.  I think I prefer the matte version just a tiny bit more.  When swatching the collection I made sure to save this one for last because I knew I wanted to have it on my nails a little longer.  I bet this looks great on really short nails, too!  Perfect polish!

Lone Scarecrow with glossy top coat



Lone Scarecrow with matte top coat

Woodland Stroll
A chocolate brown base with magic holo flakes, aqua and red-gold micro flakes and orange iridescent glitter.  My photos show 2 easy coats.  Your search for the perfect brown is over!  Trust me.. this one is it!  The formula is perfect and it looks so amazing when the sun catches it.  I love the matte version, too.  A+ on this one!

Woodland Stroll with glossy top coat



Woodland Stroll with matte top coat

You can probably guess my favorite from this bunch!  Lone Scarecrow is so amazing, and I am most definitely getting at least one back up bottle of this one.  It's just so perfect for me, as if I had asked Michelle to create a polish exactly for me and this was the result.  I said before (part 1 of this review) that my favorite polish, indie or mainstream, is Polish 'M Reli-A-Bull.  Well... Lone Scarecrow has officially risen in the ranks and is now tied for favorite.

I will write a post about Reli-A-Bull and other polishes in the Polish for Pit Bulls series sometime, I promise!  For now, I hope you've enjoyed reading about the new Polish 'M fall collection.  Prices range from $8 to $12, depending on the materials used to create them.  I am more than happy to provide any more input if you are torn between certain polishes.  Or, if you would like to see any comparisons, I will try to do that as well!  I'm not set up for video swatching (yet?), so I hope I've relayed enough information to help you determine if the formula would work for you.


Did you read my review on parts 1 and 2?  If not, here are the direct links:
Part 1: Neutral shades
Part 2: Jewel & Bright Tones

The Polish 'M Fall collection is available at the Polish 'M shop.  While you're there, be sure to check out the other polishes from past collections (some are on sale!) and the cuticle oil. 


XO,
Vanessa

2 comments:

  1. Color Me Autumn looks PERFECT, the glitter combo is so pretty! Jellies are difficult, haha, but your application looks flawless :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley! I was a little nervous at first. :)

      Delete