Thursday, September 8, 2016

Polish 'M Back to Reality 2016 Collection

Polish 'M Summer 2016 Back to Reality collection

 A while ago I discovered the Indie polish world and what a ride it's been!  My very first Indie polish was from Polish 'M (I just love the pun in the name, plus, the maker's name starts with an M so it's doubly perfect!).  It is a really pretty white crelly polish filled with holo glitter and micro shards.  It. Is. So. Beautiful!  That's saying a lot because white is not even my favorite color (that honor goes to blue!).  I will dedicate a post to that polish along with others in the series, but for right now, since it's *technically* still summer, I have this super fun summer collection to share with you!  Even though it's a summer collection I think these shades can be worn year-round.  For any Halloween super fans, the orange and purple in this collection are perfect! 

All photos were taken in indirect natural light and when my nails were much shorter!  I normally keep them short anyway just for functionality (otherwise I poke my eye inserting and removing lenses), but these are really short since I'd had a dangerously close break on my middle finger.  For future posts, I'll include pictures under artificial light (ottlite), and if the polish takes on another personality in sunlight, some sunlight photos.  I used a glossy top coat for all photos, unless otherwise stated.

Before I get into the individual polishes, I'll state upfront that all of these had a flawless formula.  I did not experience any flooding near my cuticle line, and the formula was thick enough to give me a lot of control when applying, but never turned gloppy.  Minimal or no clean-up was required, and I do not consider myself a pro at polish application.

Ready?  Let's go.


Back to Reality, two coats.  This polish is a super-bright bubblegum pink/magenta with blue and silver micro flakes. I really liked this bright color when my nails were REALLY short. 




Hello, Monday, three coats.  Ok.  I didn't think I'd like this color on my tone at all, but it really surprised me!  Maybe it's because of the fun teal and bronze micro flakes, or maybe just because I never realized how pretty this color is!  I might have gotten away with 2 on my super shorties, but I liked the depth with 3 coats.



Hit Snooze. Repeat, two coats.  This is described as a rich teal green with silver, blue and green micro flakes  Even though blue is my favorite color, I really love teal and turquoise shades on my nails.  This one is so pretty, so bright and vibrant!


Inbox is Full, two coats.  This is a must-have for all the purple polish lovers!  This concord grape purple features silver, lavender and purple micro flakes.  I like how this has both a bright/vibrant quality to it and a slight dusky tone... just enough to keep it from being on the neon side. 

The Last Mile Home, two coats.  This is described as a bright (not neon) summery orange with silver, orange, gold and a hint of aqua micro flakes.  Orange is another color I'm not comfortable wearing, but when I actually tried this, I really liked it!  Perfect orange for Halloween-themed manis!  All you need is a few vinyls or some tape to make little jack-o-lantern faces.  So cute!

PVB (Post-Vacation Blues), two coats.  A vibrant cobalt blue with bronze, blue, and purple micro flakes.  Oh my goodness this blue!  This is my favorite of the bunch for sure.   

So guess what?  I have a DISCOUNT CODE to share with you if you decide to pick up any of these polishes!  The code is BTR25 and will save you 25% off any of these polishes, whether individual or the full collection.  All are currently available in the Polish 'M shop.  A word about customer service.. it is really great!  There are several reasons I keep coming back for more Polish 'M polishes.  Besides the obvious that I really like the polishes Michelle creates, she also puts so much care and attention into the packaging and the turn-around time is pretty quick.

You can find Michelle's shop here.  Do not forget to use the code BTR25 on any of these polishes!  

XO,
Vanessa

2 comments:

  1. Great photos Vanessa. So happy you started a blog, I'll be sure to read all your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete