Saturday, September 17, 2016

Polish 'M Fall Collection- Pt. 1

Take me to Work-- Part 1 of the Polish 'M Fall Collection

Today's post is super special to me!  This is part 1 of my review of the Polish 'M Fall collection.  The very first indie polish on my nails was Polish 'M Reli-A-Bull, and to this day  remains my favorite polish.  So, to have an opportunity to swatch and review for Polish 'M is truly an honor, and I am so excited to have been extended the opportunity!  Michelle is so creative and cares so much about the entire experience for her customers.  Her polishes are unique, gorgeous, and formulated incredibly well.  I consider myself an average polisher and have little mistakes during application.  However, most, if not all, of my Polish 'M polishes go exactly where I want them to go.  Clean up, if any, is minimal.  That's a definite win in my book!

This year's Fall collection consists of 10 polishes in various different finishes.  I've decided to split it into 3 groups and hopefully this will help you when making your wishlist.  Today's post will feature what I consider the neutral or "office appropriate" polishes. I'll have part 2 (fireside cozy/bold jewel tones) and Part 3 (moody/mysterious/vampy) soon, so check back for those.

Enough chatter.. let's take a look at these beautiful polishes!

A Bit Corny
This is a light nude crelly base with just the tiniest hint of grey.  It is filled with bronze micro flakes and metallic micro glitter in gunmetal grey, orange, red, and copper Zero clean up on this one.  Excellent formula and glitter distribution was effortless.  My photos show 3 coats.  My nail line is still visible, which I don't mind too much.  I had to see what this looked like matted, and I prefer it this way.  I used Polish 'M matte top coat and highly recommend that one.  It provides a waxy finish.

A Bit Corny with glossy top coat

A Bit Corny with matte top coat

Hay There!
A medium brown base with bronze micro flakes, red/orange/yellow chameleon pigment and green/blue/purple/pink chameleon pigment.  This polish is a shifter and will look different in different lighting.  These are under artificial light, so I wasn't quite able to capture the shift, but trust me.. it's so pretty, especially in the sunlight.  In bright sun it takes on more of the purple shift so the polish will appear more brown-purplish (but not necessarily darker).  Be careful on this one.. I didn't wait long enough on one nail and almost dragged the previous coat.  But, if you give it enough time, you should not have any issues.  My photos show 2 coats.  Minimal clean up, I think only 2 nails, and it wasn't because of flooded cuticles.. I had accidently swiped the very edge of the brush against my skin.  ha ha  :)

Hay There! with glossy top coat

Hay There! with matte top coat

Seasonal Splendor 
A mauve base with red flakes, red shimmer, lavender-silver shimmer, and purple iridescent micro flakes.  Great formula on this one and I think I had to clean up on one nail only (my fault completely, not the polish).  My photos show 2 coats, no issues on this one at all.  This polish is really beautiful and I think it would suit any skin tone.  It is classy, dainty and delicate, but not boring!  I really like this one matted as well.
Seasonal Splendor with glossy top coat

Seasonal Splendor with matte top coat
There you have it!  What do you think of these polishes?  I hope I addressed any questions you may have had about them, but if not, please leave a comment!

Thanks for visiting!  I'll have a review of the other polishes in the collection very soon!

XO
Vanessa

 

2 comments:

  1. You already know I love Hay There, but Seasonal Splendor is divine. So unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so classy!! At first it sorta seems like a grandma color, but the little tiny flakes add just the right amount of spunk. :)

      Delete