Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Zoya August

One more for November..

I think I've always been into polishing my nails, but it didn't really became more of a hobby until I bought my first color from butter LONDON.  It was a deep red called "Saucy Jack".  Soon after that I tried my first color from Zoya, and that's when I really became obsessed!  Even though most of my polish purchases are now indie brands, I still really love the Zoya formulas and the range of colors.  I don't buy every new collection, but I definitely do keep updated on the newest releases.  This Fall Zoya released an amazing collection called Urban Grunge.  Of course I looked for reviews and watched my favorite live swatch lady on YouTube-- jessFACE90.  oooh.. I was so excited!  I decided to wait a little while, convincing myself that the shades would be around for some time. Not long after, though, I found someone on IG who was selling her extra bottle of "August" for a great price!  I had to get it.

Zoya August is described as a full coverage gray, like a fine expensive leather with mid-range, balanced tone.  It should flatter all skin colors.  This is promoted as a one-coat cream, but my photos show 2 coats.  I ALMOST got it in one coat, but it wasn't quite there for me.  Maybe it will the next time I use it.


 I *really* love this color!  It's so moody!  That is exactly my personality.. it may as well be called "Vanessa" instead of August.  Although.. fun fact.. my birthday is in August, so....  I guess it's perfectly named anyway.  Incidentally, Zoya does have a polish named Vanessa!  It's a bright berry red color.  I will feature it in a future post.

Even though I like the look of plain glossy grey, I wanted to add a little something.  This is August with one coat of Bliss Polish Holo Bliss, a subtle holographic topper in a clear base.  It doesn't really stand out much more in regular lighting, but in the sun you'll notice a little holo rainbow on your nails.

..and because why not?  Here is another photo of August with one coat of Bliss Polish Holo Bling, which is an amped up version of Holo Bliss.  Holo Bling also contains tiny holographic micro glitters and I prefer the look of this.  It works well over so many different colors, so of course I think it's a must-have in any polish collection. 

That's it for today!  Zoya had an AMAZING sale on Black Friday and I couldn't pass it up.  I picked up 4 shades and the naked manicure starter system.  I can hardly wait to try that out, as well as the new colors!  Two are from the Urban Grunge collection (Merida & Troy) and two are from older collections (Dahlia- a black pixie dust, and Tove--a slate gray satin finish).  So. Excited!

Thanks for stopping by! 
XO,
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment