Saturday, November 26, 2016

Polish My Life Girls and Boys NYC edition

Organization is not my forte

Are we still here?!

Hey, everyone!  Wow, it's been so long since I've put together an entry.  It got a little crazy both at work and home for me.  While I still polished my nails often (check my IG @ace_vanessa), I didn't write about anything.  It's been about 3 weeks since I published anything!  I have a lot of things on my mind, but I'm sure I won't remember it all.

So, now it's after Thanksgiving.  I hope, if you celebrate, that it was nice!  For several years now, my family and I have made a very short trip to spend time with a cousin of mine (dad's first cousin).  It's so low-key and low-stress... we really love going there, especially my son! 

Another thing keeping my mind occupied is my training for a half-marathon.  This'll be the sixth year for our local event.  I have been a participant from the beginning and I intend, as long as I am able, to be a part of it every year!  Our event is held on the second Sunday of December.  The first 4 years I completed the full marathon, but last year and this year I am only working on the half-marathon.  It's still quite a bit of training, but requires much less time.  Maybe some day I'll be up for a marathon again.  Until then, I'll just focus on being healthy!  Any ideas on how I should paint my nails for race day?  I'm thinking a simple swatch of a favorite polish.. oh, but what color?


Speaking of POLISH.. I have some pictures to share with you today!!  These polishes are all from the Polish My Life NYC girls & boys edition.  I'm a member of Shaneka's facebook group and one of the perks is being able to order polishes a little bit early.  I am so glad I picked these up!  The glitter bomb in my later photos is a polish I won as part of a contest in her group!  I was super excited and it just seemed like it would work well with the polishes.  Let me know what you think!  I'll start you off with the swatches and then a little nail art.

9 to 5 Hustle
Swatch shows 2 coats plus top coat, but this one is a definite one-coater.  I found the formula to be so smooth and silky.  I am super impressed, and the color is so fantastic!  Perfect for anywhere---office environment or otherwise. So classy.. love it!



Concrete Jungle
Swatch shows 2 coats plus top coat.  This one has a thinner consistency, but not too thin.  It was very easy to work with, just like 9 to 5 Hustle.  I struggle to find greens that work with my olive based light skin tone.  I think this one looks great, and I bet it looks great on other tones as well.  It's not so bright to call too much attention, but still makes a statement. 



Skyscraper
Perfect polish!  Swatch shows 1 coat and no top coat.  Holy smokes.. it's amazing!  I hardly EVER get a polish completely opaque in 1 effortless coat, but that's exactly how this one was.  WOW.  It's my favorite from the group for sure.  It practically applied itself!



Easy nail art?
I wouldn't call a water marble EASY, by any stretch.  I struggle to get a proper bullseye, and if I happen to accomplish that, then I usually mess up the dragging.  I think this one is semi-successful.  I decided to pair the polishes with the December 2016 polish, a glitter bomb called Holiday Gemstones.  It works well as a mid-coverage glitter topper over various bases, or on its own.  My photo shows 1 coat plus one sponged coat.




There you have it!  Shop link for Polish my Life will be below if you are interested (if you read this before Cyber Monday, November 28, they are 40% off.. a total steal, so go now!).

Thanks for reading!  Let me know in the comments what you think, or if anything else is on your mind!

XO,
Vanessa

Shop:
Polish My Life

No comments:

Post a Comment