Thursday, October 13, 2016

Nibs & Nails: Brandy Dazzle

Diamine ink polish inspiration polish duo from Polish 'M

Audrey from Right on the Nail has this really fun series where she asks makers to create a polish using a fountain pen ink as their inspiration.  Michelle from Polish 'M wound up creating two polishes for her challenge, one that represents the ink in the vial and one that represents the ink in its dried state.  When I saw the promo bottle shots I made it my mission to grab a duo.  As I've said before, I have a hard time finding a good red polish, but I had a feeling this one would be perfect.  Also, I just knew the rust-colored polish would be spot on for fall.  Happily, I was NOT disappointed.

Before I get too far into my post, please check out Audrey's post that also includes the inspiration ink!  She has so many great photos on there!

Application notes:
Brandy Dazzle: 2 coats plus top coat.  Smooth and effortless application.  Perfect polish!
Brandy Dazzle 2.0: 3 thin coats plus top coat.  Easy application, minimal clean up on a couple of nails.  Amazing color and depth.

Brandy Dazzle: A gorgeous burnt orange/rust color with gold shimmer throughout.  Photo taken in indirect natural light.


Brandy Dazzle 2.0: A perfect vampy red with slight shimmer throughout, great for fall or anytime!  I'm smitten!  Photo taken in indirect natural light.

The next photos are more recent with shorter nails (they look so tiny now!).  I couldn't help noticing that the microglitters in A Bit Corny were similar in color to these polishes, so I tried a little skittle.  What do you think?  For these photos I applied 2 coats each on Brandy Dazzle and Brandy Dazzle 2.0, and 3 for A Bit Corny.  LOOK at the shimmer.. ugh.. so pretty.  I really love these polishes and I think you would, too!  First photo taken in indirect natural light; second photo under artificial (ottlight) light with matte top coat.  You know I had to see what this looked like matte! 



Polish 'M will have ONE FINAL restock of these polishes this Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 11AM PST.  Set your alarms!  Once they are gone, they're gone for good.  These will be available as a duo or individually.  While you are in the shop, I highly recommend any of the Fall collection as well, especially my top picks: Lone Scarecrow and Woodland Stroll.

Shop Polish 'M
Follow Polish 'M on Instagram @creativenailchick

Thanks for reading!
XO,
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment