Monday, January 23, 2017

Jamberry nail wraps

.. another way to dress up your nails ..

Hi, all!

Today's post is about nail wraps.  Have you tried any?  I've only ever tried the ones by Jamberry.  They are available directly on the Jamberry website or through a Jamberry consultant.  All the ones I own I've purchased through "parties" or have earned through hostess rewards.  Ok, y'all.. you know how much I love my nail polish, right?  Well, that love hasn't dwindled at all since I've used Jamberry, but now and then, I do like to use the wraps because I think the designs are so cute!  Plus, if I do a good job applying them, they will last me for days!  The longest I wore any set of wraps was 10 days.  Now I only ever let them stay on 5 or 6 days because I have so many designs I'd like to try.

Why the Jamberry chapter right now?

If you've read other posts, you might know that another of my hobbies is running.  I really love it!  I'm not particularly fast, but I do enjoy it.  Well, I haven't been running since the first of the year because I had a very WEIRD muscle spasm in my low back and that really knocked me out.  It was SO painful.. I think I actually shed a few tears in the first 24 hours after it happened.  Thankfully, it responded really well to some massage oils and heat.  I'm on the mend, but not quite back up to my usual mileage.

So, the reason for the Jamberry right now is that I can apply these sitting up, which isn't too painful for my back.  For polishing I normally lay flat on my stomach on the floor and polish that way.  Is that weird?  How do you polish?  Do you have a desk?  I don't.. that's why I just flounce on the floor!  ha ha!  But, it works well for me.  While my back was still pretty sore I couldn't really flounce, so I abandoned the polish for a little while.

So, Jamberry.  What are these?  They are basically stickers that you trim to fit your nails and they stay on from the adhesive and the heat you use to apply them.  Super easy!  You just need a really good nail file, a heat source, and nail scissors or nail clippers.  I've seen some people get these on in less than 10 minutes, but I've never been that fast!  I take my sweet time when doing nails, whether wraps or polish!  Let's take a look at  few of the designs I've worn recently.






And check out Cinderella hand (be nice.. she's a little shy):







You can also layer wraps that have a clear portion over polish or another wrap.  Here is one that I really like called "Geo Diamond".  It's got holographic bits to it and looks really awesome in person!  Scroll back up to see how I used it over another wrap (it's on my index finger).


You can see from the photos that the wraps come in different finishes.  The standard/regular is glossy and most of their designs come in this finish.  There is also sparkle, luster (mixture of sparkle and matte), metallic, satin (mixture of metallic and matte), matte, and clear (at least a portion of the wrap is clear so nail or polish underneath can show through).  My favorite finishes are metallic, luster, and matte.

There are videos on YouTube that would do a much better job at explaining how to apply and remove the wraps, so please check those out if you ever decide to try Jamberry nail wraps.  I will, however, share tips that have helped me improve.

First:  I use a base coat (Zoya naked base) underneath my wraps.  This has really helped with the staying power on my sparkle finish wraps!
Second:  I use the 1-2-3 method to apply my wraps (should be easy to find on YouTube).
Third:  I file off the excess wrap using a slight angle instead of the 90 degree angle.  Since I think my fingers are tools, this helps me avoid any unintentional snags!
Fourth:  I avoid any lotion or oil for about an hour.  For the first day or so, I will only use lotion or cuticle cream, not oil, to moisturize my hands.

My next post will be about my most recent Jamberry mani using the above tips so you can see (and judge) for yourself!

Until then.. XO,
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment