Thursday, December 15, 2016

Zoya Naked Manicure

This year Zoya had a really amazing deal on Black Friday.. 70% off the entire site!  Zoya is my favorite mainstream polish brand, so I had to take a look at my collection and then compare to my wishlist.  One of the things I'd been interested in is the Naked Manicure system, but just never got around to getting a kit.  I couldn't pass up the Black Friday deal, though!

Zoya Black Friday Haul


I don't know that I would consider this a "haul" since it's not many polishes, but it was a pretty good deal anyway!  I picked up the following:  Women's Starter Kit, Lavender Perfecter for the Naked Manicure System, Get Even Ridge Filling Base Coat (can't wait to try this underneath my Zoya satin and matte polishes), and some polishes (Dahlia pixie dust, Tove Satin, Merida, Troy).

The Women's starter kit includes the naked base, pink perfector, tip perfector, and satin seal top coat.  I was very interested in this system since I don't ALWAYS have polish on my nails.  These times are actually pretty infrequent because I have some staining on my nails (the bane of the polish addict I suppose!) and I like to keep that covered!  I like the look of healthy natural nails, though, so I was hoping this would be what I was looking for at those times I can't really pick a polish to wear or I simply don't feel like wearing any color.  Of course, before trying this system myself I watched several videos (JessFace90x, Simply Jary, CDBnails) to help lessen my learning curve!


I took a few photos in natural light and in my regular office lighting.  You can definitely see the yellow tinge on my nails and ridges on most of my nails.  Despite that, my nails are fairly strong and flexible thanks to plenty of nourishing oils.  I keep meaning to write a post about some of my favorite skin and nail care items.. someone remind me, ok?!




After watching the videos and reading up on the system on the Zoya website I decided to add the Lavender Perfector to my order to help neutralize discoloration.  I'm so glad I did this because my nails are obviously discolored!  I forgot to mention earlier that the kit comes with a manual that explains how to use the system and the benefits of using the system (cosmetic and long-term therapeutic effects).

 
For this mani I applied the following:  naked base, lavender perfector, pink perfector, tip perfector, satin seal.  I waited about 2 or 3 minutes in between each layer.  The satin seal top coat took about 5 or 6 minutes to completely dry down to the satin/matte finish.  On the tip perfector, I used the tip suggested on the video by Simply Jary.  It worked just great for me!  There is also a glossy top coat you can purchase, but I skipped this since I prefer the more satin/matte finish for a natural nail look.



On the next photo you can see a little better the difference the Naked Manicure system made on the cosmetic appearance of my nails.  I gotta say.. I really love it!  My hands and nails look so polished and neat!  I will definitely be using this system often, especially if I have some trauma to the nail like a break (I cringe at the thought because nail breaks can hurt pretty badly!!) or if they just look like they're taking a beating (thank you, Texas weather!), and also to try to rehab them and give them a break from polish while still keeping them protected.


What do you think?  Would you try this system?  I will be updating this post in a few days to let you know about the wear time.  I hope to keep this on my nails 4 or 5 days, but we'll see if I get bored before then!

The Zoya Naked Manicure system and other Zoya products (polishes AND lip colors!) are available for purchase on the Zoya website or at certain retailers (ex. Ulta).

Thanks for stopping by!
XO,
Vanessa

UPDATE: 12/19/2016 (4 full days wear)

I bet you thought I couldn't stand to have the SAME THING on my nails for 4 days straight.  I didn't think I could do it, either, honestly.  But, I really wanted to see how this would fare for me.  I have a couple of pictures for you.. I'm sorry for the inconsistent lighting on the collage.  The point is just to show you how well it wore over the 4 days (do you see any chips?  I don't.. maybe my eyes are not so sharp anymore, but I don't notice anything big).

And here's a closer look from today.  If you look closely on my middle, ring and pinkie fingers you can see the natural nail starting to peek through from the growth.


Overall I really love this system!  It really was so easy to use and I think my nails looked so neat.  I will use this system often and may even use it if I ever try to do negative space nail art.  Thanks for stopping by!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment