Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Wednesday Water marble

Easy nail art?

So.. I'm cheating a little bit.. I did this water marble over the weekend, but.. it's ok, right? First of all.. let me just say that I am far far from being really good at this technique.  I've been practicing and it's gotten easier, but it's still very intimidating, no matter how many tutorial videos I watch!  I am determined, though, to perfect my technique and get more consistent.

The water marble I'm showing you took a few tries to get to where I liked it.  First, I had to experiment with the polishes themselves.  I was dead set on using a particular cream color, but it just wasn't cooperating as well as the others.  It never really spread out well and that made my bullseye really small.. this makes it difficult to do any kind of dragging.  I changed out that polish for a white and that was the trick!  So.. then I was ready to try again.  Here is the outcome...  what do you think?


I had intended to do 2 fingers, but I didn't like how my pointer turned out, and then to make it worse, I accidentally bumped it when removing the latex barrier.  I do like how this turned out, though.. a skittle mani.  The polishes I used are all from Polish My Life.  Shown are: 50's Mint Fridge (thumb), Breakfast on Fifth (pointer and pinkie), Reject Club Pink (ring).  The water marble was done using those polishes plus Stripped.  Which one is your favorite color?  I really like Breakfast on Fifth!

I wasn't done yet.  Since I wanted to try a slightly different pattern, I put Cinderella to work.  This was pretty challenging because of the latex barrier!  I prepped pointer and middle, which meant I had to use my left hand to do the dropping (so nervous!!).  The ring and pinkie weren't too bad.  My nail beds are so much shorter on my pointer and middle, so she doesn't like to show off very often.  But.. I like how these turned out (especially the pinkie!).. what do you think?

If you are new to water marbling I highly recommend watching some tutorial videos!!  I really like the ones by Tiffany (Mrswhite8907 on YouTube) and Colette (My Simple Little Pleasures on YouTube).  The tool I use for creating my designs is a regular pointy toothpick, but you can get specialized tools or maybe use a small dotting tool.  To make clean up easier I do recommend protecting the skin with something like tape or a latex barrier.  I use Bliss Kiss Simply Peel.

Thanks for stopping by!
XO,
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment